- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of Manuka honey (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of your choice of nut butter (optional)
- Your choice of accompaniments such as blueberries, shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, raspberries etc.
- Your coconut oil needs to be soft, so if your coconut oil is hard you’ll need to melt it. You can either leave it out in a warm place for a few hours or pop it in the microwave for 5-second intervals – BUT you must be careful that you don’t heat the coconut oil too much as the heat will kill all the health and well-being properties contained in the Manuka honey. Your coconut oil will need to remain below 20 degrees.
- Pop your soft coconut oil into a bowl, then mix in the cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Then, one tablespoon at a time, add in your Gustare Manuka honey. After each tablespoon mix and taste to ensure it’s sweetened to your liking.
- If you’re using a nut butter or another accompaniment, add these at this point and mix once more.
- Once you have your lovely chocolatey mixture, pipe into either a silicone ice cube tray (so they’re easy to remove) or simply pour out onto some baking paper; fold the paper over and spread the mixture out evenly between the paper.
- Then pop into the freezer or fridge and allow to set for a few minutes or until firm.
- When ready, pop your chocolates out of the silicone tray and serve, or if you’ve opted for the baking paper method, peel the paper off the chocolate and chop into cubes.