More than just a condiment for your morning toast, honey can be used in a variety of creative ways when cooking. From sweet and sticky glazed meats to the perfect summer saviour: ice-cream – you can make some delicious meals with one of nature’s finest produces.
Twice a month, we will be featuring a new tasty recipe featuring honey. For our first installment, we’ve put together a classic summer favourite…with a Gustare twist!
Pork chops with Gustare honey glaze and apple sauce
- 400g Bramley apples
- ½ lemon
- 1 ½ tbsp caster sugar
- A bit of butter and salt
- 8 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Gustare honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Peel and dice the apples. Put in a small pan with the juice of ½ lemon. Add 2 tbsp water and 1½ tbsp caster sugar.
- Heat gently until the apples are really soft, then squash with a spoon. Add a little butter and salt to serve.
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl, stir together all glaze ingredients: honey, soy sauce, mustard and garlic.
- Place the chops on the grill and spread with half the glaze.
- Grill for about 8 minutes.
- Turn over and spread with remaining glaze.
- Grill until cooked through, another 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with sauce and vegetables on the side and enjoy!
Share your snaps of your honey-infused dishes by tweeting us at @GustareHoney