Ingredients (serves two people)
1 whole Camembert cheese, weighing about 250g
2 tbsp of our rich Gustare ‘Stringy Bark’ honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 Celsius (fan assisted).
- Remove the Camembert from its packaging but don’t throw away.
- Slice the top off the Camembert and then score the bottom section with a criss-cross pattern being careful not to pierce the bottom rind, and apply half the honey.
- Replace the top on the cheese and re-wrap the cheese in its paper and place back in its box.
- Put the re-wrapped Camembert into the pre-heated oven for 6 minutes
- After 6 minutes remove from the oven and take the lid off the cheese, now spoon in the rest of the honey and very gently stir into the softened cheese.
- Replace the lid and re-wrap and place back into the oven for a further 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven place on a board and enjoy accompanied by fresh bread, crudités and a lovely merlot, and not forgetting more of the wonderful Gustare Honey.