A tasty and light option for fig season, made even sweeter by our Gustare Rich Stringy Bark Honey:
Harvested from the flora of the Eucalyptus Caligonosa tree, found in the Northern Tablelands and north-western slopes of eastern New South Wales, Australia, its dark colour and intense flavour make Stringy Bark Honey a delicious addition to savoury or dessert recipes.
What you will need:
- 40g walnut pieces
- 8 large fresh figs
- 100g rindless Goats’ cheese
- 3 tbsp Gustare Rich Stringy Bark Honey
- 4 large mint leaves, finely shredded
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and carefully roast them for a minute until lightly golden. Remove and leave to cool.
2. Cut a deep X mark into the top of each fig, about two-thirds of the way down to the base, then give them a gentle squeeze to open them up slightly. Divide the Goats’ cheese between each fig and place them on a baking tray. Grill for 5 minutes until the figs are soft and the cheese is bubbling and lightly golden.
3. Lift the figs onto plates and drizzle a little Gustare Stringy Bark Honey over each one. Sprinkle with the walnuts, mint and Pomegranate seeds before serving.
Et viola! Share your cooking skills with Gustare Honey on social: Instagram – @gustarehoney