Shanah Tovah! To celebrate Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) and the tradition of eating apples dipped in honey, we’ve come up with a new yummy recipe.
Jewish people dip a slice of apple in honey to express their hopes for a sweet and fruitful year. We thought we’d put a Gustare spin on this classic tradition and rustle up some baked apple slices with honey.
The perfect snack for those with a sweet tooth, you can either try dipping your apple slices in one of Gustare’s delicate, mild, rich or strong honeys, or cook baked apple slices.
What you will need:
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp Gustare’s Apple Tree Honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
- Core and slice the apples into 8 pieces
- Place the slices in a baking pan in a single layer. Drizzle honey over the slices and top with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-40 minute, turning slices over about halfway through. When you can easily pierce them with a fork, they are ready to serve.
Share your cooking skills with us on Instagram @gustarehoney